A short walking distance from Hotel Kailani is the nostalgic fishing port of Habu.
Habu Port was originally a crater lake called “Habu Pond.” Construction of a waterway was directed by Heiroku Akihiro in 1800, and Habu Port officially opened in 1801. The topography of the crater lake made for an idyllic port with calm protected waters. Habu Port served as an active base to transport cargo between the islands of the Izu Peninsula.
Habu Port was historically known as a cultural area that attracted notable writers and artists. Today it is a quiet space that is full of nostalgic charm.